Wednesday, January 29, 2014

White Out!

If you're a Midwesterner like me, your winter has pretty much been one big white out this year. With the huge snowfalls and the freezing temperatures, we've been living in a frozen tundra the last couple of  months. Enough with this dreadful weather talk, though. On to fashion...
          The old saying, 'You can't wear white after Labor Day' has totally gone out the window because winter whites has been one of the hottest trends this season. I've been loving the black and white monochromatic looks and the use of little pops of white in outfits to create sort of a color-blocking look. But, what I cannot get enough of is the all-white-everything looks. So many celebs are rocking head-to-toe white and I am just loving it. It's such a clean, chic, polished look. 

Jaime King,  Khloe Kardashian,  Olivia Palermo


          I pulled some of my favorite white pieces for you to check out. These are great simple, yet unique pieces. I love the versatility of all of these. Brighten up your blue jeans with a white sweater and  statement necklace. Or go for the white-out in a white skirt, blouse and blazer. Thinking about rocking the all-white look, perhaps try adding a pop of color in your handbag like Khloe Kardashian. 

Blouse $165, Dolce Vita;  Blazer $116, Top Shop;  Sweater $215, Theory;
Handbag $398, Kate Spade;  Jeans $269, Paige;  Dress $249, Marc by Marc Jacobs;
Skirt $64.82 ASOS;  Statement necklace $36, Bauble Bar;  Shoes $129.95, French Connection

          I'm sorry but I just can't stop obsessing over this trend. I mean typically when winter comes we go all dark and drab and bust out our dark jeans and chunky gray sweaters. This season, though, we're brightening things up and looking fresher than ever. 
How will you rock winter white this season? 

1 comment:

  1. My sister suggested that I should order a size down--being an 8-10 with a C cup, I got an 8, and it's pretty good. (I got a red dress) it was thin, and needed some ironing.
    coach bags

    ReplyDelete