Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Fall Footwear Fashion: 10 Pairs You Can Afford

          It's that time of year again. Time to cover up our feet and put away the strappy sandals and open toe shoes, and bust out the boots, booties, and ballet flats. Living in the Midwest, we need shoes that are able to withstand our cold autumns and snowy winters. Here are some of my favorite footwear trends for fall. And did I mention all of these pairs are less than $200? Happy shopping!

1. D'Orsay Flats

          These are a great flat for fall, prior to the snow fall. I am loving the cutout flats trend. So much so, that both my mom and I picked up matching Chinese Laundry D'Orsay flats the other week. They look awesome with just about anything. I particularly love pairing them with rolled up boyfriend jeans, and my mom rocks hers with skinnies. 

2. Wedge Sneaker

          I bought my first pair of wedge sneakers this past spring, while in London. Mine are by Dune London. I think I am even more obsessed with them now that I can wear them even more in the fall. With skinny jeans or leggings, they are a great casual shoe for traveling or running your Saturday errands. They can dress up a laid back look and elongate your legs more than just your average sneaker. (Always a plus!)
Ash, $130.61

3. Pilgrim Pump

          I gotta say, I wasn't totally sold on these at first. This trend took a little bit of growing on me, but now I'm in love and need to get my hands on these. I think they look amazing worn with tights and a cute circle skirt. They just scream fall fashion and look so chic and fashion forward. 
Zara, $79.90

4. Motorcycle Boot

          This trend has been around awhile yet, but I still think these are great. Short booties are great especially if you have bigger calves that don't always work with tall riding boots. (Myself included.) These are a great boot to add a little edginess to your look. 
Steve Madden, $99.95

5. Loafer

          Loafers are a great flat for winter, especially these with their slight heel. Don't be confused, you may have seen these in your grandmother's closet before, but these are so on trend right now. They can really dress up an outfit, much more than just your average ballet flat. And Sole Society just nails it. Every little detail: the plaid pattern, small heel, and tassel are so on point. 
Sole Society, $54.95

6. Over the Knee Boot
          Kim Kardashian & Olivia Palermo have been seen sporting this fall trend. The over the knee boot can add a little sexiness when paired with a short skirt or dress. Or throw them on over your skinny jeans or leggings for a more conservative look. Either way, these will surely make a statement.
Report, $130

7. Studded T-Strap

          I had to do a double take on these! These look merely identical to Valentino's Studded T-strap heel. I have been lusting over the Valentino pair for months now, and then I found this pair by Charlotte Russe for a fraction of the price. Score! These are a great holiday pump and a great way to add a pop of color to your look. 

8. Bootie

          I am a lover of the bootie. They can be dressed up or dressed down. You can seriously wear them with anything! Again, dress, skirt, shorts, with tights, or leggings. Or wear them with your favorite denim. Roll up your boyfriend jeans or tuck in your skinny jeans. These are truly a great investment for the fall and all the way through spring. 

9. D'Orsay Pump

          D'Orsay pumps, like the D'Orsay flats cover the toe and heel. And, these suede Jessica Simpson pumps have a great ankle strap that adds a little sexiness. Pair these with skinnies or a dress or skirt and wear them with or without tights. These are a great shoe for your upcoming Holiday party. 

10. Wellies 

          I gotta say wellies are the new UGGS. They are the perfect winter boot to trek through rain, snow or slush. Not only will they keep your toes dry, but pair them with the cozy sock liners or added warmth. 
Hunter, $140

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post. My favourite is the D'Orsay Pumps! xxx

    www.niviisdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nivetha! I love the D'Orsay style, pumps & flats. They're so fab! xx

      Delete